for Culture and Language Department is to improve our Language to all ages, and our Culture. For next one to five years as it moves toward it's vision. It will strengthen the culture identity and awareness of the Ute Mountain Adult population.
Culture and Language includes:
- Ute Language for Head Start and Toddlers ages 2-5 year olds, for hour and half, three days a week .
- Adult evening classes for hour and half .
- Culture evening classes, teaching bead work, cradle board making class, moccasin making class and what they would like to learn to make.
- Ute Culture and Heritage that exist within or Ute Mountain Ute Tribe members, like Bear Dance, Pow Wow, and Sun Dance .
- Teaching the Youth about who we are as Ute Mountain Tribe, where are Ancestors came from . . Southern Ute and Ute Mountain worked on Ute Curriculum for 4th grade.
Towaoc, Colorado 81334
Monday to Friday
7:30 am to 5:00 pm