Time: Monday - Friday 10 am - 2 pm
Phone: (970) 564-5635
Polling Place: Community Center, Towaoc, Colorado
Tribal Election services
The Ute Mountain Ute Tribal Council and Election Board in accordance with the Constitution and By Laws as amended, including the Election Ordinance, hereby give Notice of a Tribal Election
Election voting is open to all tribal members in Towaoc and White Mesa you must have a census number and be in our data base.Tribal members living off the reservation may still vote via request and absentee ballot. Each year of voting will anounce the positions to be filled.If you need a form to update your information click the printable file button located on the Update Contact form section of this page.Tribal Members can check the Election Listing which is posted at the Bureau of Indian Affairs Building (BIA) and the Tribal Complex in Towaoc and at the White Mesa Administration Office. Any changes of address or name notify the Finance Office, located at the Tribal Complex or call 970- 564-5659 before the deadline date to request for Absentee Ballot.
QUALIFICATIONS TO VOTE:
- Candidate must be 25 years of age or older.
- Never convicted of a felony.
- A permanent resident of the Ute Mountain Ute Tribe Voting precinct.
Proof of residency:
1. Housing statement and providing Physical address
2. Current utility bill with physical address
(Electric bill, propane bill and/or cable, internet, satellite service, telephone Landllne service).
* Current Valid Colorado Driver's License or Valid Colorado Identification showing candidate's physical address.
• Candidate must pay a NON-REFUNDABLE filing fee of $200.00 to the Tribal finance Department and provide a copy of the receipt to the Election Board upon retrieving a candidate's Packet. No personal checks.
It is important to keep your current information update within our database; so checks and other important information about the tribe or for tribal members goes to the proper place.
If you have not currently updated your information it is your responsibility to do so. Scroll down to the Update Contact form click the button fill it out and return it to:
NOTE: VOTING IS NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC OR NON-MEMBERS.
The Ute Mountain Ute Tribal Council and Election Committee, bide by Accordance with the Constitution and By- Laws of the Election Ordinance.
Note: This page will be updated as soon as the current information is provided by Election Committee.
Here is where we will post the results of the election when it becomes avaliable.