To provide vocational training resources and support to members of the Ute Mountain Ute Tribe and other Native American tribes to increase employability, career satisfaction, and overall quality of life.
Due to the immediate Stage 1 COVID situation, the Ute Mountain Learning Center building will be closed The Higher Education Department and staff will be working from home, for the time being. You can reach us at the following numbers:
- Scott Baker, Director - 970-560-4212
- Glenn May, Assistant Director - 970-739-9330
- Vida Clark, WIOA Coordinator/SEEDS Case Manager - 970-749-4015
- Sarah Begay, College Transitions Coordinator/SEEDS Case Manager - 970-570-6143
- Jo Lancaster, Workforce Development Coordinator/SEEDS Case Manager 970-759-2725
- Rusty Kavendek, HPOG Case Manager - 970-739-6467
- Kathleen Stemmler, Adult Education Coordinator - 928-380-7217
College classes occur at UMLC in two ways:
- onsite visits from college professors
- live "distance-education" classes received through our large-screen displays.
Come Visit us :http://www.utelearning.org
Adult Education Family Learning Center
420-B Sunset Boulevard
Towaoc, Colorado 81334
Monday to Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Phone: (970) 564.5471
Fax: (970) 564.5759
Director - Scott Baker
Glenn May - Assistant Director
Vida Clark -WIOA Coordinator/SEEDS Case Manager
Sarah Begay - College Transitions Coordinator/SEEDS Case Manager
Jo Lancaster -Workforce Development Coordinator/SEEDS Case Manager
Rusty Kavendek-HPOG Case Manager
Kathleen Stemmler - Adult Education Coordinator
About the Reservation
The Ute Mountain Ute Reservation is located in the Four Corners region of the United States. The majority of the reservation consist of lands about 553,008 acres in Montezuma and La Plata Counties, Colorado and San Juan County, New Mexico.
All of these lands are held in trust by the U.S. Government. The Ute Mountain Ute Reservation has substantial range, historical, and archaeological resources.
The Ute Mountain Ute Reservation is a Sovereign Nation.Currently the reservations has about 2,000+ residents.
- Geology & Resources of the Paradox Basin 1996
We elect to practice our Sovereign rights and use TRIBAL PREFERENCE – To Qualified Individual In Following PRIORITY FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- ENROLLED TRIBAL MEMBER OF THE UMUT
- SO. & NO. UTE TRIBAL MEMBERS
- LEGAL SPOUSE OF UMUT
- OTHER FEDERALLY RECOGNIZED NATIVE AMERICAN
125 Mike Wash Rd.
Towaoc, CO 81334
Copyright © 2020 Ute Mountain Ute Tribe. All Rights Reserved. Email Webmaster:email@example.com